Seth Gordon is a director and producer on The Good Doctor.
Life and CareerEdit
Gordon grew up in Evanston, Illinois. He attended Yale University where he studied architecture until leaving in 1997 to teach high school for six months in the small village of Shimanyiro, Kenya. While there he helped secure United Nations financing to finish construction of a school, and began filming what would eventually become the documentary Building Shimanyiro. Upon returning to Yale, Gordon taught himself how to edit his footage on an Avid editing machine. Later, he helped shoot Barbara Kopple and Cecilia Peck's Dixie Chicks documentary Shut Up & Sing, and after working as cinematographer, editor and producer on various films, he gained prominence with his documentary The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. Gordon directed the game company Zynga's "GagaVille" online film in 2010. He co-created and is an executive producer of the Fox television series Breaking In. He directed the 2011 comedy Horrible Bosses, but in August 2013 declined to direct the sequel, citing commitments to the television series The Goldbergs, on which he is an executive producer, and a planned remake of the film WarGames. Gordon directed the pilot of Sneaky Pete for Amazon Studios, which he also produces with Bryan Cranston and David Shore. A season of episodes has been ordered by Amazon Studios and is in production. Gordon directed the 2017 film version of Baywatch, starring Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron.
- ↑ http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/movies/la-ca-gordon30-2008nov30,0,7094156.story
- ↑ https://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSTRE4AP15Y20081126
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/11/19/fox-mid-season-schedule-idol-to-wednesdaysthursdays-fringe-to-fridays/72889
- ↑ http://variety.com/2013/film/news/horrible-bosses-2-loses-director-seth-gordon-1200575481/
- ↑ http://variety.com/2015/film/news/seth-gordon-to-direct-dwayne-johnson-in-paramounts-baywatch-movie-1201544299/